Saturday, November 12, 2016

October 24, 2016

I sincerely apologize, but I don't have much of a spiritual thought this week. Usually something just pops in my head sometime randomly during the week and I write it down. But this week the only thing I felt I should share is this simple paragraph.

Read the Book of Mormon. I've seen it change lives and change mine. When I don't read it I feel much less in tune with the spirit, and when you're on a mission it's obvious when it's not there. I used to justify reading New Era articles now and then as reading the scriptures, in a sense it is, but nothing will impact you're life like the Book of Mormon when you really really read and try to understand it. Read it in the morning. Read it on your free time. Read it as a family. I could've written three and a half pages long as to why you should read it and loaded it up with scripture, but I didn't feel it. All I felt I should say is to just read it with an open heart and mind. 


Tuesday:
Lisette, our investigator getting baptized, met with us today and was super excited because she'd been praying that we'd both stay. Apparently so have a few other people, and it was on the plans that I was supposed to get a new companion all week, up until the last second. So that's pretty cool.

Wednesday:
Kind of the same ol' rice and beans. Just a meeting, service and a lesson with a less active. Nothing different, except I went in a taxi for the first time, it wasn't as exhilarating as I imagined it would be...

Thursday:
Remember I said Georgia drivers are horrible? I almost got hit four times today. I almost get hit just about every day, but two of these were exceptionally close. One I had to skid and the car pulling out slammed pretty hard and I missed it by half a second. The second one I was turning in somewhere and a car cut me off. I slammed so so hard on my brakes that I flew over my handle bars and my bike literally did a flip in the air. But don't worry, I caught myself on my feet...barely. The only injury was my wrist from the flying spinning bike. Elder May and I had to skid pretty hard to avoid getting hit at one point, Elder May was almost nailed. The fourth time was just the normal almost get hit, it wasn't exceptionally close. The best part is, from the dozens of times one of us almost gets hit, the person just looks at us and keeps going, not once has anyone been concerned. I'm 98.5% certain that it's totally legal to text and drive here. People even play games on their phones here while driving! I'm sick of it. Missionaries get hit all the time here.

Friday:
Just the normal gravyless potatoes today. Service, knocking, and lessons.

Saturday:
We had the Trunk or Treat today, that's my favorite church event so I've been pretty stoked. But then I went and it kinda sucked. It just brought back memories and now I'm pretty dang sad. All I want to do today and tomorrow is sit at home and sleep. But I can't. 

Sunday:
Today was...very interesting. Lisette came to church for the full three hours today and had us over for dinner! So that's excellent, now here's the issue. In the class we had a teacher today that doesn't teach doctrine on a base level and half the time isn't even true. Every time she talks she brings up her divorce, every single time-and the lesson was on eternal marriage. I can't even explain. It was one of the worst lessons ever for an investigator, thankfully the members in the class recognized it and took over the class, but still, it got ugly. But then it got into baptisms for the dead for some reason, not something an investigator likes to hear without explanation. So when we went to dinner we had a member with us and we intended to clear up the confusion she got from the class. The member we were with (and he's awesome, love him to death) but he started going off topic and eventually started skimming deep doctrine, lineages, temple ordinances (nothing it doesn't say in the scriptures but still a little far), and a hundred other things. The poor girl, she is so lost and probably thinks we're crazy. I'm kinda scared now. We explained to her that we will explain everything later, answer any questions and that we can get to the other stuff later. So she's still good for baptism this Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment