Friday, December 23, 2016

December 12. 2016


Monday:

Tuesday:
Apparently yet another rule is that we can't be sarcastic. Ever. Even in our own apartments or with other missionaries. Best part, right after advising this, President made a sarcastic comment. I don't think it can be done, we aren't robots. Heck, even robots say sarcastic comments, Siri sasses me all the time.
But anyways, on to good news. So we had a team up today and our plans fell through, but I had backup plans...all four backup plans fell through. So we went to visit a single less active lady in our ward. Long and personal story short, she had just been going through a really hard time and felt so threatened as to carry a kitchen knife with her and call the cops. Then she, "saw a car pull up and white shirts come out." Another long story short, we were needed to comfort her in this hard time of hers and she just said that she'd been praying for something to happen or for comfort and she knew we were sent and thanked Jesus multiplied times, among some crying. It was really neat though being an immediate answer to someone's prayers and being able to show up right at her time of need. There's a spiritual thought in this too now that I think of it. So many of our plans fell through. A lot, we didn't have a dinner hour yet so we coulda gone in a little early and had a little bit longer of a dinner, but we didn't, we were obedient and showed that we were willing to continue working despite our plans falling through. Then he gave us a little miracle, after the trial of our faith.
Ether 12:6
I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the etrial of your faith.
This also relates to Alma and Amulek, they didn't get any miracles until they showed that they were willing to work even though nothing they tried was working before.

Wednesday:

Thursday:
I just saw the new 2017 Youth Theme video and there's a guy who gets his mission call to this mission. Then I paused it and realized that I knew him, he came out with me and has been in my same stake this whole time. I'll attach a screenshot to this.

Friday:
Christmas Party! It was pretty dang lit. It was "a night in Bethlehem" and was the most legit Christmas Party I've been to. It was very successful in bringing in members who are less active or stay in the shadows. What they did is set up a market with actual wooden stands that they built and cloths at they'd use in the old days to put around them. We wore olden day clothes (I'll attach a picture of me in a olden day/ missionary hybrid). And we got pennies that we could go around and "buy" food or candle making stuff etc in the markets. It was a very detailed oriented activity.

Saturday:
Yes! It took me long enough but I figured out my purpose in Roswell. I had just been thinking about how we need to get more member involvement and then at a visit with a member today it clicked. Elder Wix and I both agree strongly that we need to focus on members and strengthening the ward. Now I finally feel motivated to go out and do stuff.

Sunday:
This was a rough week. Probably the longest week of my mission so far not counting my first week. And as for lessons and team ups and all of our goals, we've had an all time low. One lesson, the other elders here had like 9 and 7. But good news...Elder Wix is opening up a lot more and we're getting along well.

No comments:

Post a Comment