Friday, December 23, 2016

December 19, 2016

So this happened a couple weeks ago but I forgot to say it. So I'll make it quick cuz it's kinda interesting. There was this guy I think in Roswell (here) who basically whom someone in our ward home taught. He started getting weird. Eventually he became anti Mormon and started posting anti stuff. It progressively got worse as he claimed to be a prophet and posted his revelations online as an online preacher. Needless to say he was excommunicated. Then he died. 
Sounds like Korihor doesn't it? Crazy how things that happened then still happen today. No one knew why he died, there was no background of heart attacks or anything, but his heart just stopped a few weeks after being excommunicated and died. There's lots of stories I hear about people interfering with the work at a high level and it ends up ugly.

Monday:
Wow, yesterday the young women put together snack boxes for the Elders as a Christmas package. We got like 20 lbs of snacks each! It was awesome! They figured we often times don't have lots of time to make stuff and want snacks as we run out, but can't afford them. They're right. So I'm super grateful for that. Also, I had eggnog for the first time. Changed my life.

Tuesday:
How cute, my companion's mom sent us both 12 little presents each to open for the 12 days before Christmas. I also almost was hit...again. I had to slam my brakes skid to the side and I kid you not was still only an inch away. And he part that baffled me is the lady didn't even care, she gave me the dirtiest look like it was my fault. Whatever. I considered for half a second just not skidding to the side and letting her hit me so I could have a cooler story and give her a card.

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:
We always seem to do the long outside service when it rains. We raked leaves and chopped trees for six hours in a Washington-like rain. And it was cold. We also went caroling. Pretty cool. Pretty interesting. 

Sunday:
Well this has been the third longest week of my life. Not sure why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment