Saturday, January 28, 2017

December 27, 2016

Monday:

Tuesday:
Nothing out of the usual. For some reason though today I was freezing my butt off and my hands burn in agony as I type this, it was extra humid so I might as well have been wearing short sleeves and shorts. But for once I want the one who fell on my bike. My companion did. We were biking and I heard unusual noises behind me, sure enough...He hit pretty hard and got all scratched and bruised up. He also hit his head, good thing we have helmets. He's doing better-ish. We went over a little hill and there was a random trash lid on the ground. The ridiculous amount of humidity made for a slippery ground so that plus the trash lid on ground was ugly. A member drove by on the way from the temple and saw one of us on the ground and the other (me) standing and figured he'd stop and see if we were ok. He also has a little bit of medical background. So that was a tender mercy.

So bike crash, we know that means spiritual analogy.

We always need to be aware of what lies ahead. Things can be going well and then all of the sudden Satan places something in our path that we may not see if we aren't watching. This is why we need to be knowledgeable about the gospel, we need to understand where the garbage lids will be. Otherwise we'll hit them and fall, we can't be saved in ignorance.
D&C 131:6
It is impossible for a man to be saved in ignorance.
That is why we are counseled to study. Then we can choose whether or not we want to avoid those places where random trash lids lie hidden and not have to worry about falling. 
But even if we are prideful and worldly just wanting to do things our way even with the knowledge that there's (spiritual) danger ahead and we fall and get hurt, God has provided us with a Savior. Just like the member came and helped my companion out, brushed him off and told him it'd be ok, Jesus Christ can and will pick you up when you're down, dust you off, and tell you it's ok. Except he knows how you feel exactly and will help take those pains. It's a matter of whether or not you're willing to let him help you and what you do after. 

Wednesday:

Thursday:
Today we moved into our new apartment. And holy crap, it's three times bigger than our old one, has more lighting, is cleaner, and newer looking. In fact, it's the biggest apartment in the mission. And it's on the first floor so I don't have to haul my bike up the stairs after a long day. It's super legit. Too bad I probably only have three weeks to enjoy it before I'm transferred.

Friday:
As we were biking past Walmart we saw the sisters caroling, so we joined them. Funny thing is, we were going to go with them, but they said they're going somewhere hat 1 1/2 hours away by bike. They also said there was four of them, meaning if we got a ride we'd be 4 Elders on 4 sisters which isn't allowed. But nope. There were six of them, and they were a 5 minute bike ride away. I suck at singing but I'm another pretty face...maybe that's why they lied to us Then I went in Walmart when we were done to buy over priced egg nog because I can. 

Saturday:
We went caroling and such today, we're still bad, but people usually enjoy it anyways. We also have our lemonade with Christmas cards attached to the cups in front of Kroger. Then we got told to leave. 

Christmas!
What do missionaries do on Christmas? We visit members and teach lessons and skype. Now you know. I've always wondered so there it is. Today was craziness. Skyping my family was a trip, like no time passed. The only change is Kai's voice. It was so nice to talk to them though. Noah made the remark, "Its so nice to see you haven't changed at all and are still immature." Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing  But afterwards skyping (and all missionaries I've talked to so far can agree) you feel like you were in a trance and you have to snap back to reality. It's weird, it actually feels like you came from home and aren't a missionary anymore. But after biking a while it came back. And you know, I wasn't that sad after. It was nice because I could see that there's nothing back home that there's really nothing amazing I'm missing out on and that if I'm gonna be doing something I might as well be serving the Lord.

Monday:
The has been the slowest week number-wise ever. Even for my old companion who has been out well over a year. We had 0s all the way across the board and haven't had a lesson in over two weeks and have none scheduled for this week either. Roswell is not the hot spot of the mission right now. 




No comments:

Post a Comment