Saturday, January 28, 2017

January 10, 2017

For those of you who don't actually read my emails...read Monday at least.

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:
We had a lesson with one of our investigators today for the third time. And man! He's ready to be dunked! He believes in everything, has a family, loves everything about he church from the art we use to the doctrine. He knows anti stuff but knows it's just to be used to bring us down. He knows the Book of Mormon is true and Joseph Smith was a prophet, etc. I've never had someone like that! There is one issue though, he doesn't want to leave his church that's already done so much for him, as he has been there for a while and is pretty tight knit with them. But he said if he hadn't already developed that relationship with his church there'd be nothing in his way from getting baptized. So we just need to workout that difficult little bump. Too bad I'm most likely getting transferred! 

Friday:
Well today the governor said for no one to be on the roads past 4:00. Well we had an appointment an hour away with Deshawn (went really well by the way, still wants to be baptized) at 5:00 and another at 7:00 and are on bikes. We also had some finding to do, we don't take breaks for weather. It's supposed to snow "a ton" tonight, I'm calling an inch max. But there's going to be lots of ice because of the rain. Walmart is being raided and everyone is fearing snowpocalyose 2.0. I'll attach pictures.  But holy crap! Lemme tell y'all. I rode in the nastiest and heaviest sleet storm I have ever seen! My jacket, bike, and gloves were all frozen in 10 minutes. And it hurt! But it's so awesome! By the time I got in there was a 1/2 inch layer of ice on everything! Currently it's half snow and half sleet. I'm stoked out of my mind! HOLY CRAP! ITS SNOWING NOW!! IM LOSING IT!! (Daniel serving over there in Alaska is mocking me right now).
Ps. I'm 6 months old! Officially not a greenie 

Saturday:
I'm disappointed. It stopped snowing after 15 minutes last night and sleeted all night long instead, even though it was in the 20s. Our weather thing said 9 inches of snow. I promised the missionaries an inch. Guess who was right? Me. As always. So now we just have a sheet of ratchet ice everywhere and it was 7 degrees today. All our appointments texted us cancelling because of the weather, but what they don't know is that we are going to be out anyways! So now we'll just have to be outside longer. And I wouldn't mind if there was a ton of snow because that's cool, but it's just ice. So I'm pretty disappointed. I'll attach a picture of the state of emergency statement. So much for that...But it was so cold today, that we tossed flowers against a wall and they shattered into pieces. Only saw one car wreck. And I also fell on my bike. Ice just slipped that sucker right out from under me and I splattered all over the ground.

Sunday:
We went out to go to church and the wind chill was 1 degree, plus humidity. I died. (Elder Daniel Rykowski is still making fun of me). We had two, almost three investigators at church today! That's blazing hot! I haven't had that for about four months now. Of course one of the speakers went off into the dark abyss of deep doctrine, but one of them barely speaks English so it's ok!

Monday:
I caught the kitchen on fire today. Yup. I made the mistake of trying to cook potatoes. I poured some vegetable oil in the pan, turned the heat all they way up, and to nobody's surprise, got distracted. A couple minutes later as I'm folding clothes in my room the fire alarm goes off. I say, "What the heck," look over as the kitchen is glowing red and black smoke covered the top three feet of the apartment. I then proceed to say, "freak!" and run down the hall. There were a lot of flames emitting from the pan and yes, the cabinets and wall, too. I put it out and everything is ok now. No one was hurt, just my dignity. Elder Wix was pretty mad at me for a little bit. The call to the housing coordinator was pretty scary, especially since we have the nicest apartment in the mission. The lady at the leasing office that I talked to apparently had her couch go up in flames last week, so she felt me. We had the other Elders come too, partially because I just lit the kitchen on fire, and partially because Elder Wix was mad at me and needed to cool off. There was also a ridiculous amount of smoke by the time it was all settled, I was blowing blackness out of my nose hours later. I felt really really stupid and dumb, and frankly I still do. But uhhh, ya...this is why I don't cook.

Tuesday:
So I found out this morning I'm going to Fort Yargo first thing tomorrow. My first transfer! Finally. And get this, I'm the older companion, I'm getting so seasoned! And I have a car finally! It's in the semi-sticks of Georgia and near Athens. I have three hours to pack and say goodbye to everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment