Saturday, January 28, 2017

January 3, 2017


Wednesday:

Thursday:
A member in our ward has been feeling like we should go see someone go quite some time, so we did. We couldn't stay, but she was super super happy to see us and said to come back tomorrow.

Friday:
We went back to visit the less active lady today. Long and confusing story short, she's been wanting some visitors from church, particularly the member we went out with. Her friend said that he'll come and when he does to let her know. She said he would get that feeling and just come visit her, so that's what happened. Kinda cool.

Saturday:
Yay New Year's Eve. Georgians are a bunch of crazy pyromaniacs! From 7-1:00 there was consistent fireworks and gunshots. Especially at 12:00, I've never heard such a loud New Years midnight. And on top of that, it was raining all night. Craziness. Also, exactly two years ago I was coming home from my mini mission, kinda weird.

Sunday:
What. A. Day. I've been feeling kinda like I don't have much influence on anyone as a missionary lately, but today a lady who was baptized a couple years ago got up. She explained the story about how a few months ago she had to move that day. But the movers didn't show up and no one else could help her. Then right as she was about to close the door and just take the fine for the night, two missionaries showed up, eventually four more showed up. We were able to move her before the day was up. She didn't remember who it was, but it was me. I was on exchange and leading out the area. We were in her area and I felt we should go see someone before we left, lo and behold we passed her place and saw them. So we helped. It was pretty encouraging. 
Also, I've been noticing lately that I have been loving reading scriptures and studying the gospel. It's all I want to do. It's gotten to the point to where eating is a burden and I wish sleeping wasn't necessary.
Also. The other Elders in our ward got the cops called on them by two different people whose doors they didn't even knock on. They're supposed to have a permit to solicit, even though we aren't soliciting. While they were dealing with cops we were biking in the rain. I got absolutely soaked all the way through.

Monday:
It rained pretty good all day today. And we didn't have our bikes so we walked. But it was much better walking, less wind and tires flicking up water. It felt good. Also, today us and two other missionaries went to Arby's after a meeting and I didn't have my wallet. A lady came up and offered to pay for all of us, super nice! Made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment