Friday, September 16, 2016

July 25, 2016 ~~~Last MTC letter

This week I am doing better with the schedule. It is hard but I am gaining the momentum. I can stay awake easier now. I only fall asleep like once every other day now instead of twice a day. 
While in the MTC I have learned mostly how to love others and teach with the spirit. It is pretty cool because I can retain so much more information. I remember just about all the notes I have taken and I don't have to think about it. It is like once you're told a concept or how to improve something, you just remember it. 

I heard there is a lot of stuff going on in the real world. We are pretty sheltered in here so we ask the greenies and people walking around the temple what is going on. Apparently there was a police shooting and then riots broke out everywhere? And something about swat being at Black Lives Matter. I also heard there was a terrorist attack in France again. It is so weird not having any clue what is happening around me. But I do know one thing, there is supposed to be storms in Atlanta when I get there so I am stoked about that.

So that was my week. Now for the breakdown.

Tuesday: P day. Lovely stuff. Good relaxation vibes and it is awesome hearing from peoples and reading emails.

Wednesday: At this point I am stoked to get out into the field. It is time for a scenery change. I also can't ponder my thoughts in calm relaxation at night because I am with a million unsupervised dudes. Some just walk around naked (almost). And they yell a lot and are obnoxious and quite irreverent.  It also kills me because they are doing strength competitions that I know I could destroy them at. They are so impressed by these guys doing things that I could easily do. But me being my humble self, let them have their moment of happiness and don't crush their dreams by getting involved. I am also hyped to teach people and watch them grow for more than just 4 practice lessons at a time like we do here.

Thursday: The MTC is currently about 700 over capacity so the lines are long. Like we had to wait for half an hour to get a small bowl of cereal. Days are going by a little faster. I also learned something I have always wondered. How do I know it is the spirit? Well Bednar said in a talk we watched, "Don't worry about it." A lot of times we wont even notice it. As long as we live how we are supposed to the spirit will prompt us to do things in our daily actions without us noticing. When Bednar was a missionary he had to pick up Packer from the airport and take him to the train station into communist East Germany. As a nice gesture he gave him 20 marks (money) which was intended for dinner on the train and was quite a bit of money. He didn't think much of it until 20 years later. When they got into East Germany soldiers came on the train. They said they would not accept his wife's passport. After a long debate he gave him the passport with the money inside. The soldier came back with the passports but not the money. He said it was not bribery, but a "righteous exchange." Funny guy. Anyways, he found out that if he hadn't done that and the passport was not accepted, he would've been taken off the train and it would have been ugly. So the spirit does not necessarily always talk to us. Just do what you're supposed to and do good. The spirit will direct you. Do not think about it too hard.

Friday: Not much happened. I got pictures from my mom and it is great to see friends and family.

Saturday: I want to leave already. I'm like a senior in second semester but without a phone. Although I love everyone in my district but time reveals people. The girls are flocking to a particular elder and give 70% of their attention to him. Annoying. They are starting to get comfy and block us elders out who aren't trying to be all sweet, funny, cute and constantly hanging out with them. We are being purpose focused though. So oh well. And no to discredit them. They are all awesome and have potential to be awesome missionaries, it is just aggrevating at times and I am sick of watching it.  Apparently someone said my companion and I get along the most out of the peoples in our district. So yay. Also, my companion said his only complaint is that I talk about Kayli a lot. Oh well. Gotta get it off my chest before I get into the field and annoy my trainer with it. I told him sorry and that he will have to deal with it and that he could block me out if he wants.

Sunday: The Nashville Tribune sang here. They are the ones who sing "Two for Alma and Amulek..." and the Joseph Smith stuff. It was so cool. The main guy was pretty funny and they were spiritual people. They sang the song in which they say where they were born and it talks about "serving our king" and whatnot. The MTC sang along in some of the parts with them (it was planned) but it was so awesome and made it sound cool. Gave me chills. I wish you guys were there to see it.

That is my week. I leave tomorrow at 3:30 am. I am so stoked. I will send some pictures in a forwarded email.

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment