Friday, September 16, 2016

July 19, 2016

Well the first part of the second week was brutal, the studying and the hours are making me go crazy. But I am getting used to it. I will go about this email in a day by day outline.

Tuesday: My first P day was the bomb, it is like a holiday. Quite the stress reliever. Someone from the 70 came and talked. He was talking about enduring to the end essentially.

Wednseday: The new missionaries (greenies) came in today. It makes me feel like a senior. It was really nice because it was like a checkpoint. I felt bad for them because I had felt that before. 

Thursday: I had a dream that Kayli John Doe'd me. Then she sent me a wedding invitation and held it off until I got back so I could help her set it up so that was upsetting. But I woke up and its all good. 

Friday: I have gotten to the point where almost all my jokes revolve around the gospel. I also am getting church songs stuck in my head and people just sing hymns. I am even dreaming of missionary work all the time now. I am evolving into a missionary. OH!! Before I forget for the hundreth time...someone in my district was on vacation in California and decided to go the temple. He sat right behind me when I got my endowments out. How crazy is that!!??

Saturday: I think I broke the rules today because I wrestled someone. But I have a good reason, they said if I don't wrestle or I do wrestle and I lose then that is a sign that Kayli will get married at BYU. So I won. Quickly. Other than that nothing happened except me struggling to stay awake.

Sunday: So I am just going to skip to the juicy stuff here. President Bednard decided to pay a once-a-year surprise visit to the MTC during our devotional. He did a Q&A. So I will explain the good stuff. He said many times that apostles are seen as people who teach massive groups because that is how we see them on TV. They aren't. For example, he visited Spain not too long ago and a man came up and said, "You're from the church right?" because of the name tags. Bednard told him that
he had come to Spain for that man and ti tell him that after 20 yrs of being inactive that it was time to come back. That is so cool/ Another thing he said is that we do not just get gifts. As long as we stay worthy the Lord will give us the gifts when he needs it in the right time and place. Charity is not something we get, it is something we are. It should be like a reflex. Charity should be something that we do not have tp think about like a reflex. He also said that converts think that missionaries are weird but keep inviting them because the spirit they feel. Perhaps one of the greatest miracles is that 18 and 19 year olds can convert people into the church. ALSO, trust in the Lord because he is guiding us just like he did Nephi. I have to wrap this up because I am going over my alotted time. But it was aweomse and the spirit was strong and I had fasted that day and one of the reasons for my fast was fulfilled. I had also done family history that day and I printed off a name to take into the temple for endowments and when I looked I saw that I had done the baptism and confirmation for this person five yeara ago in the Denver temple. So cool.

Monday: Nothing happed, but I was less tired so yay.

I love all you guys and will see you in 2 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment